Chicken Big: Poultry and Obesity
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Chicken consumption is associated with more weight gain than other meat.
The prior video that compared different types of meat and found meat consumption to be associated with weight gain even at the same calorie intake can be found at Meat and Weight Gain in the PANACEA Study (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/meat-and-weight-gain-in-the-panacea-study/).
Why poultry though? We don’t know, but here’s some possible contributing factors:
• Obesity Causing Chicken Virus (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/obesity-causing-chicken-virus/)
• Does Eating Obesity Cause Obesity? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-eating-obesity-cause-obesity/)
• Infectobesity: Adenovirus 36 and Childhood Obesity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/infectobesity-adenovirus-36-and-childhood-obesity/)
Other surprising discoveries in the field include:
• Obesity-Causing Pollutants in Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/obesity-causing-pollutants-in-food/)
• Gut Flora & Obesity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-flora-obesity/)
• Nuts and Obesity: The Weight of Evidence (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-and-obesity-the-weight-of-evidence/)
• How Much Exercise to Sustain Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-exercise-to-sustain-weight-loss/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chicken-big-poultry-and-obesity/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate