Cholesterol Feeds Breast Cancer Cells
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Cholesterol appears to stimulate the growth of human breast cancer cells, which may explain why phytosterol-rich foods such as pumpkin seeds are associated with reduced breast cancer risk.
If cholesterol increases breast cancer risk, what about the use of cholesterol-lowering drugs? That’s the subject of my next video, Statin Cholesterol Drugs and Invasive Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/statin-cholesterol-drugs-and-invasive-breast-cancer/).
Other foods I mentioned protective against breast cancer include:
• Broccoli (Broccoli vs. Breast Cancer Stem Cells http://nutritionfacts.org/video/broccoli-versus-breast-cancer-stem-cells/ and Breast Cancer Survival Vegetable http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-survival-vegetable/)
• Soy (Breast Cancer Survival http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-survival-and-soy/ and Soy and BRCA Breast Cancer Genes and Soy http://nutritionfacts.org/video/brca-breast-cancer-genes-and-soy/)
• Flax seeds (Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Prevention http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-breast-cancer-prevention/)
Some I didn’t mention include:
• Nuts (Tree Nuts or Peanuts for Breast Cancer Prevention? http://nutritionfacts.org/video/tree-nuts-or-peanuts-for-breast-cancer-prevention/)
• Greens (Preventing Breast Cancer by Any Greens Necessary http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-breast-cancer-by-any-greens-necessary/)
• Mushrooms (Breast Cancer vs. Mushrooms http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-vs-mushrooms/)
• Sea vegetables (Which Seaweed Is Most Protective Against Breast Cancer? http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-seaweed-is-most-protective-against-breast-cancer/)
More on phytosterols and there they’re found in:
• How Phytosterols Lower Cholesterol (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-phytosterols-lower-cholesterol/)
• Optimal Phytosterol Dose (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/optimal-phytosterol-dose/)
• Optimal Phytosterol Source (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/optimal-phytosterol-source/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cholesterol-feeds-breast-cancer-cells/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate