Diabetes and Dioxins
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Industrial pollutants that build up in our own body fat may help explain the link between obesity and diabetes.
If these pollutants are particularly found in seafood, are those that eat fish at higher risk for diabetes? See my last video, Fish and Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-and-diabetes/), and my next, Pollutants in Salmon and Our Own Fat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pollutants-in-salmon-and-our-own-fat).
For more on dioxins, see:
• Dioxins in the Food Supply (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dioxins-in-the-food-supply)
• Male Fertility and Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/male-fertility-and-diet/)
• Counteracting the Effects of Dioxins Through Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/counteracting-the-effects-of-dioxins-through-diet/)
For more on PCBs, see:
• Food Sources of PCB Chemical Pollutants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-sources-of-pcb-chemical-pollutants/)
• How Fast Can Children Detoxify From PCBs? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-fast-can-children-detoxify-from-pcbs/)
• The Wrong Way to Detox (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-wrong-way-to-detox/)
These pollutants may also play a role in our rising epidemic of allergic diseases. See Alkylphenol Endocrine Disruptors and Allergies (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/alkylphenol-endocrine-disruptors-and-allergies/) and Dietary Sources of Alkylphenol Endocrine Disruptors (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-sources-of-alkylphenol-endocrine-disruptors/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetes-and-dioxins/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate