Does Rye Bread Protect Against Cancer?
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The lignans in rye could explain why rye intake is associated with lower breast and prostate cancer risk.
What was that about milk and prostate cancer? See my video Prostate Cancer and Organic Milk vs. Almond Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/).
Here’s my video series on flaxseeds for both breast cancer prevention and treatment:
• Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Prevention (nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-breast-cancer-prevention)
• Breast Cancer Survival and Lignan Intake (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-survival-and-lignan-intake/)
• Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Survival Epidemiological Evidence (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-breast-cancer-survival-epidemiological-evidence/)
• Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Survival: Clinical Evidence (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-breast-cancer-survival-clinical-evidence/)
Flaxseeds may also help with cyclical breast pain (Flax Seeds for Breast Pain http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flax-seeds-for-breast-pain/), prostate cancer (Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-prostate-cancer/), diabetes (Flaxseeds vs. Diabetes http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-diabetes/), and hypertension (Flax Seeds for Hypertension http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Flax-Seeds-for-Hypertension).
More on the wonders of whole grains in:
• Whole Grains May Work As Well As Drugs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/whole-grains-may-work-as-well-as-drugs/)
• Can Oatmeal Reverse Heart Disease? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-oatmeal-reverse-heart-disease/)
• Can Oatmeal Help Fatty Liver Disease? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-oatmeal-help-fatty-liver-disease/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-rye-bread-protect-against-cancer and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate