Drugs and the Demise of the Rice Diet
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: What is the contemporary relevance of Dr. Kempner’s rice and fruit protocol for the reversal of chronic disease?
For background on this amazing story, see Kempner Rice Diet: Whipping Us Into Shape (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kempner-rice-diet-whipping-us-into-shape/).
Kempner would be proud that there is not a whole field: Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lifestyle-medicine-treating-the-causes-of-disease/).
This reminds me of the role statin cholesterol-lowering drugs have played in seducing people into the magic bullet approach, but as with all magic it appears to mostly be misdirection:
• The Actual Benefit of Diet vs. Drugs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Actual-Benefit-of-Diet-vs-Drugs)
• Why Prevention is Worth a Ton of Cure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Why-Prevention-is-Worth-a-Ton-of-Cure)
• Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment/)
So in this day and age What Diet Should Physician’s Recommend? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/what-diet-should-physicians-recommend/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/drugs-and-the-demise-of-the-rice-diet and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate