Eggs and Arterial Function
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Even studies funded by the American Egg Board show our arteries benefit from not eating eggs.
More on the reaction to the Eggs vs. Cigarettes in Atherosclerosis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-vs-cigarettes-in-atherosclerosis/) study in my last video, Debunking Egg Industry Myths (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/debunking-egg-industry-myths), as well as further discussion of the effects of the cholesterol in eggs on the cholesterol levels in the blood of egg consumers. More on that in:
• Eggs and Cholesterol: Patently False and Misleading Claims (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-cholesterol-patently-false-and-misleading-claims/)
• Egg Cholesterol in the Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-cholesterol-in-the-diet/)
• Avoiding Cholesterol Is a No Brainer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/avoiding-cholesterol-is-a-no-brainer/)
I recently featured a food that actually does benefit vascular function. See Walnuts and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function). Though the nut industry did try a similar tactic, see my video Nuts and Bolts of Cholesterol Lowering (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-and-bolts-of-cholesterol-lowering/). The beef, soda, and dairy industries may also be guilty of experimental manipulation. See BOLD Indeed: Beef Lowers Cholesterol (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bold-indeed-beef-lowers-cholesterol/) and Food Industry “Funding Effect” (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-industry-funding-effect/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate