Eggs and Diabetes
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Even just a single egg a week may increase the risk of diabetes, the leading cause of lower-limb amputations, kidney failure, and new cases of blindness.
More Freedom of Information Act insights into the egg industry can be found in:
• Eggs and Cholesterol: Patently False and Misleading Claims (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-cholesterol-patently-false-and-misleading-claims/)
• Eggs and Choline: Something Fishy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-choline-something-fishy/)
• Eggs vs. Cigarettes in Atherosclerosis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-vs-cigarettes-in-atherosclerosis/)
• More Than an Apple a Day: Combating Common Diseases (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/more-than-an-apple-a-day-preventing-our-most-common-diseases/)
Flax seeds may help control blood sugars (Flaxseeds for Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/2013/10/08/flaxseeds-for-diabetes/) as well as Indian gooseberries (Amla Versus Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-versus-diabetes/), but our best bet may be a diet composed entirely of plants (How to Prevent Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-diabetes/ and How to Treat Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-diabetes/).
I’ll be covering gestational diabetes (high sugars during pregnancy) in an upcoming video—stay tuned!
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-diabetes/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: www.NutritionFacts.org/donate