Eggs, Choline, and Cancer
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Choline may be the reason egg consumption is associated with prostate cancer progression and death.
If you’re a long-time follower and some of this sounds familiar, it’s because I had to fast-track some of this choline information to offer background for my Dr. Oz Show appearance. A longer video that covers this can be found in Carnitine, Choline, Cancer and Cholesterol: The TMAO Connection (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carnitine-choline-cancer-and-cholesterol-the-tmao-connection/). In my last video, Eggs and Choline: Something Fishy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-choline-something-fishy), I talked about what trimethylamine might do to one’s body odor.
With regard to the prevention of prostate cancer progression, chicken and eggs may be the worst foods to eat, but what might be the best? See my recent video Prostate Cancer Survival: The A/V Ratio (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-survival-the-av-ratio).
More on the heterocyclic amines in chicken and eggs in:
• Heterocyclic Amines in Eggs, Cheese, and Creatine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heterocyclic-amines-in-eggs-cheese-and-creatine/)
• Estrogenic Cooked Meat Carcinogens (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/estrogenic-cooked-meat-carcinogens/)
• PhIP: The Three Strikes Breast Carcinogen (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phip-the-three-strikes-breast-carcinogen/)
To prevent prostate cancer in the first place, see videos such as:
• Reducing Cancer Risk In Meateaters (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-cancer-risk-in-meateaters/)
• Industrial Carcinogens in Animal Fat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/industrial-carcinogens-in-animal-fat-2/)
• Is It the Diet, the Exercise, or Both? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-it-the-diet-the-exercise-or-both/)
What about reversing cancer progression? See Dr. Ornish’s work Cancer Reversal Through Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cancer-reversal-through-diet/), followed up by the Pritikin Foundation: Ex Vivo Cancer Proliferation Bioassay (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/developing-an-ex-vivo-cancer-proliferation-bioassay/). Flax may help as well (Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-prostate-cancer/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: www.NutritionFacts.org/donate