Gout Treatment with a Cherry on Top
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: How do sweet cherries compare to the drug allopurinol and a low purine diet for the treatment of the painful inflammatory arthritis gout?
More about the inflammation fighting effects of sweet cherries in my last video Anti-inflammatory Life is a Bowl of Cherries (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-life-is-a-bowl-of-cherries).
I’ve previously mentioned gout and controlling uric acid levels in my videos:
• Testing Your Diet with Pee & Purple Cabbage (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/testing-your-diet-with-pee-purple-cabbage/)
• Who Shouldn’t Consume Curcumin or Turmeric? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-shouldnt-consume-curcumin-or-turmeric/)
• Miocene Meteorites and Uric Acid (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/miocene-meteorites-and-uric-acid/)
• Flesh and Fructose (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flesh-and-fructose/)
Other foods that may help tamp down inflammation:
• Garden Variety Anti-inflammation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/garden-variety-anti-inflammation/)
• Anti-inflammatory Antioxidants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-antioxidants/)
• Fighting Inflammation in a Nut Shell (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fighting-inflammation-in-a-nut-shell/)
• Boosting Immunity While Fighting Inflammation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/boosting-immunity-while-reducing-inflammation/)
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gout-treatment-with-a-cherry-on-top/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate