How to Treat High Blood Pressure with Diet
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The first-line treatment for hypertension is lifestyle modification, which often includes the DASH diet. What is it and how can it be improved?
This is the companion video to How to Prevent High Blood Pressure with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-high-blood-pressure-with-diet/).
The DASH diet is one of the best studied, and consistently ranks as US News & World Report’s #1 diet. It’s one of the few diets that medical students are taught about in medical school. I was so fascinated to learn of its origins as a compromise between practicality and efficacy.
I’ve talk about the patronizing attitude many doctors have that patients can’t handle the truth in:
• How to Prevent a Stroke (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-a-stroke/)
• Convergence of Evidence (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/convergence-of-evidence/)
• Halving Heart Attack Risk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/halving-heart-attack-risk/)
What would hearing the truth from your physician sound like? See Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment/) and The Actual Benefit of Diet vs. Drugs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Actual-Benefit-of-Diet-vs-Drugs).
For more on what plants can do for high blood pressure see:
• Hibiscus Tea vs. Plant-Based Diets for Hypertension (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/hibiscus-tea-vs-plant-based-diets-for-hypertension/)
• Flax Seeds for Hypertension (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flax-seeds-for-hypertension/)
• Drugs and the Demise of the Rice Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/drugs-and-the-demise-of-the-rice-diet/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-high-blood-pressure-with-diet and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate