Improving on the Mediterranean Diet
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: What are the four problematic nutritional aspects of even plant-based Mediterranean diets?
This is the final video in a 6-part video series on the Mediterranean diet. Here’s the first five in case you missed them:
1. Why Was Heart Disease Rare in the Mediterranean? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Why-Was-Heart-Disease-Rare-in-the-Mediterranean)
2. The Mediterranean Diet or a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Mediterranean-Diet-or-a-Whole-Food-Plant-Based-Diet)
3. PREDIMED: Does Eating Nuts Prevent Strokes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/videos/predimed-does-eating-nuts-prevent-strokes)
4. Which Parts of the Mediterranean Diet Extended Life? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-parts-of-the-mediterranean-diet-extended-life)
5. Do Flexitarians Live Longer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-flexitarians-live-longer)
I was happy to have an opportunity to plug Julieanna’s new book. Learn more about her work at http://plantbaseddietitian.com/
I touch more on whole grains in How Many Meet the Simple Seven? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-many-meet-the-simple-seven/) and Whole Grains May Work As Well As Drugs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/whole-grains-may-work-as-well-as-drugs/).
More on breast cancer and alcohol in Breast Cancer and Alcohol: How Much Is Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-and-alcohol-what-much-is-safe/) and Breast Cancer Risk: Red Wine v. White Wine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-risk-red-wine-vs-white-wine/).
I’ve touched on olive oil in the other videos in this Mediterranean diet series, but also have an older video Extra Virgin Olive Oil vs. Nuts (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/extra-virgin-olive-oil-vs-nuts/).
More on sodium in Dietary Guidelines: With a Grain of Big Salt (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-guidelines-with-a-grain-of-big-salt/) and Can Diet Protect Against Kidney Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-diet-protect-against-kidney-cancer/) But what if without salt everything tastes like cardboard? Not to worry! See Changing Our Taste Buds (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/changing-our-taste-buds/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/improving-on-the-mediterranean-diet and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate