Inhibiting Platelet Activation with Tomato Seeds
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The yellow fluid around tomato seeds appears to suppress platelet activation without affecting blood clotting. This anti-inflammatory effect may explain why eating tomato products is associated with lower cardiac mortality.
The video that I set up the background on the role of platelet activation is Inhibiting Platelet Aggregation with Berries (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/inhibiting-platelet-aggregation-with-berries).
One of my favorite videos, The Tomato Effect (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-tomato-effect/), is actually not about tomatoes at all, but talks about the power of a diet composed entirely of plants to combat the heart disease epidemic. After all, Heart Disease Starts in Childhood (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heart-disease-starts-in-childhood/).
I do have some others that really do touch on tomatoes, though:
• The Fruit Whose Juice is Healthier (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-fruit-whose-juice-is-healthier/)
• Preventing Strokes with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-strokes-with-diet/)
• Enhanced Athletic Recovery Without Undermining Adaptation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/enhanced-athletic-recovery-without-undermining-adaptation/)
More on kiwis here:
• Kiwifruit for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kiwifruit-for-irritable-bowel-syndrome/)
• Kiwifruit and DNA Repair (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kiwifruit-and-dna-repair/)
• Kiwifruit for Insomnia (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kiwifruit-for-insomnia/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/inhibiting-platelet-activation-with-tomato-seeds/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate