Juicing Removes More Than Just Fiber
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The majority of polyphenol phytonutrients may be bound to fiber, helping to explain the marked difference in health impacts between whole fruit and fruit juice.
For those that like drinking their fruits and vegetables, this suggests smoothies are preferable. I can imagine people who eat really healthy thinking they get so much fiber from their regular diet that they need not concern themselves with the loss from juicing, but they may be losing more than they think.
Why are polyphenol phytonutrients important? See, for example, my video How to Slow Brain Aging by Two Years (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-slow-brain-aging-by-two-years/).
Not that fiber isn’t important in its own right. Check out:
• Dr. Burkitt’s F-Word Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-burkitts-f-word-diet/)
• How Fiber Lowers Cholesterol (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-fiber-lowers-cholesterol/)
• Fiber vs. Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fiber-vs-breast-cancer/)
• Breast Cancer and Constipation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-and-constipation)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/juicing-removes-more-than-just-fiber/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate