Nutrient-Dense Approach to Weight Management
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Americans eating meat-free diets average higher intakes of nearly every nutrient, while maintaining a lower body weight, perhaps due in part to their higher resting metabolic rates.
Anyone can lose weight in the short term on nearly any diet, but diets don’t work in the long term almost by definition. We don’t need a diet; we need a new way of eating that we can comfortably stick with throughout our lives. If that’s the case, then we better choose to eat in a way that will most healthfully sustain us. That’s why a plant-based diet may offer the best of both worlds. It’s the only diet shown to reverse heart disease, our number one killer, in the majority of patients. See for example Eliminating the #1 Cause of Death (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eliminating-the-1-cause-of-death/).
There are a number of theories offered as to why those eating plant-based are so much slimmer on average. See, for example:
• Obesity-Causing Chicken Virus (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/obesity-causing-chicken-virus/)
• How to Upregulate Metabolism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-upregulate-metabolism/)
• Fawning Over Flora (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fawning-over-flora/)
• Gut Flora & Obesity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-flora-obesity/)
• The Ice Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-ice-diet/)
• Fat Burning Via Arginine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fat-burning-via-arginine/)
• Obesity-Causing Pollutants in Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/obesity-causing-pollutants-in-food/)
• Does Eating Obesity Cause Obesity? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-eating-obesity-cause-obesity/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nutrient-dense-approach-to-weight-management/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: www.NutritionFacts.org/donate