Plant-Based Diets and Diabetes
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: We’ve known for a half century that plant-based diets are associated with lower diabetes risk, but how low does one have to optimally go on animal product and junk food consumption?
More on preventing and treating this terrible disease:
• Preventing Prediabetes By Eating More (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-prediabetes-by-eating-more/)
• Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetics-should-take-their-pulses/)
• How to Prevent Prediabetes from Turning into Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Prevent-Prediabetes-from-Turning-into-Diabetes)
• How to Prevent Prediabetes in Children (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Prevent-Prediabetes-in-Children)
• Eggs and Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-diabetes/)
• Fish and Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-and-diabetes/)
• Flaxseed vs. Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-diabetes/)
The reason I keep going back to that Adventist-2 study is that it’s not only the biggest study of those eating plant based diets in North America, but the largest such study anywhere anytime. We owe those investigators a great debt (not to mention the 96,741 participants!). One thing I’m happy my tax dollars are going towards (via the National Cancer Institute and National Institutes of Health). More from the Adventists in Caloric Restriction vs. Animal Protein Restriction (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/caloric-restriction-vs-animal-protein-restriction/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-and-diabetes/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate