Plant-Based Diets for Improved Mood and Productivity
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The most comprehensive controlled trial of diet and mood finds that a plant-based nutrition program in a workplace setting across ten corporate sites significantly improves depression, anxiety, and productivity.
Here’s the link for the video I mentioned about the original randomized, controlled trial Improving Mood Through Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/improving-mood-through-diet/), and the pilot data on workplace interventions can be found in Slimming the Gecko (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/slimming-the-gecko-2/) and Plant-Based Workplace Intervention (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-workplace-intervention/).
Diet can help at home too! See:
• Fighting the Blues with Greens? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fighting-the-blues-with-greens-mao-inhibitors-in-plants/)
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression)
• Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/)
• Antioxidants and Depression (http://nutrititionfacts.org/video/Antioxidants-and-Depression)
• Can Dehydration Affect Our Mood? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-dehydration-affect-our-mood)
Arachidonic what? For background on the inflammatory fatty acid see:
• Inflammatory Remarks About Arachidonic Acid (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/inflammatory-remarks-about-arachidonic-acid/)
• Chicken, Eggs, and Inflammation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chicken-eggs-and-inflammation/)
• Chicken’s Fate Is Sealed (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chickens-fate-is-sealed/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-improved-mood-and-productivity and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate