Preventing Brain Loss with B Vitamins?
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: One week on a plant-based diet can significantly drop blood levels of homocysteine, a toxin associated with cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease. Without vitamin B12 supplementation, though, a long-term plant-based diet could make things worse.
This is very similar to the findings in my video Vitamin B12 Necessary for Arterial Health (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vitamin-b12-necessary-for-arterial-health/).
For more details on ensuring a regular reliable source of vitamin B12:
• Safest Source of B12 (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/safest-source-of-b12/)
• Cheapest Source of Vitamin B12 (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cheapest-source-of-vitamin-b12/)
• Daily Source of Vitamin B12 (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/daily-source-of-vitamin-b12/)
There are more benefits to lowering your methionine intake. Check out Methionine Restriction as a Life Extension Strategy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/methionine-restriction-as-a-life-extension-strategy/) and Starving Cancer with Methionine Restriction (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/starving-cancer-with-methionine-restriction/).
For more on brain health in general, see videos such as:
• How to Slow Brain Aging By Two Years (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-slow-brain-aging-by-two-years/)
• Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-alzheimers-disease-with-diet)
• Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease With Plants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Preventing-Alzheimers-Disease-With-Plants/)
• Reducing Glycotoxin Intake to Prevent Alzheimers (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Reducing-Glycotoxin-Intake-to-Prevent-Alzheimers)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-brain-loss-with-b-vitamins and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate