Prostate Cancer and Organic Milk vs. Almond Milk
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Does the hormonal stimulation of human prostate cancer cells by cow milk in a petri dish translate out clinically in studies of human populations?
I touched previously on the prostate cancer data in one of my oldest videos, Slowing the Growth of Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/slowing-the-growth-of-cancer-3). Other factors may play into the link between cancer and dairy consumption including industrial pollutants (Industrial Carcinogens in Animal Fat, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/industrial-carcinogens-in-animal-fat-2) and IGF-1 (How Plant-Based to Lower IGF-1?, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-plant-based-to-lower-igf-1/), but for more on the hormones in dairy see:
• Hormones in Skim vs. Whole Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/hormones-in-skim-vs-whole-milk/)
• National Dairy Council on Acne and Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/national-dairy-council-on-acne-and-milk/)
• Dairy & Sexual Precocity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dairy-sexual-precocity/)
• Dairy Hormonal Interference (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dairy-hormonal-interference/)
What about all the studies suggesting milk “does a body good”? See my video Food Industry “Funding Effect” (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-industry-funding-effect/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: www.NutritionFacts.org/donate