Putrefying Protein and “Toxifying” Enzymes
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Certain gut bacteria can “retoxify” carcinogens that your liver successfully detoxified, but these bacteria can be rapidly suppressed by simple dietary changes.
The two videos I reference are Solving a Colon Cancer Mystery and Bowel Wars: Hydrogen Sulfide (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/solving-a-colon-cancer-mystery/) vs. Butyrate (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bowel-wars-hydrogen-sulfide-vs-butyrate/).
In Stool pH and Colon Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/stool-ph-and-colon-cancer/) I explain how we should strive to have an acidic environment in our colon (but alkaline in our kidneys): How to Treat Kidney Stones with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-kidney-stones-with-diet/) and Testing Your Diet with Pee & Purple Cabbage (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/testing-your-diet-with-pee-purple-cabbage/).
More on bowel health in:
• Diet and Hiatal Hernia (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet-and-hiatal-hernia)
• How Many Bowel Movements Should You Have Every Day? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-many-bowel-movements-should-you-have-every-day)
• Should You Sit, Squat, or Lean During a Bowel Movement? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-you-sit-squat-or-lean-during a-bowel-movement)
• Diverticulosis: When Our Most Common Gut Disorder Hardly Existed (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diverticulosis-when-our-most-common-gut-disorder-hardly-existed)
• Does Fiber Really Prevent Diverticulosis? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-fiber-really-prevent-diverticulosis)
This helps explain why animal protein may increase cancer risk, but what about the animal fat? That’s the subject of my next video, How to Reduce Carcinogenic Bile Acid Production.
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/putrefying-protein-and-toxifying-enzymes and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate