Stomach Stapling Kids
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Bariatric weight-loss surgery (like Roux-en-Y gastric bypass) is increasingly performed in children as young as five years old.
The childhood obesity epidemic is so tragic. It pains me to see insult piled on injury. Too often medical treatments can be worse than the disease. See my video Why Prevention is Worth a Ton of Cure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-prevention-is-worth-a-ton-of-cure/).
Speaking of prevention—what might be the best diet for our young ones? See:
• Heart Disease Starts in Childhood (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heart-disease-starts-in-childhood/)
• How to Prevent Prediabetes in Children (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-prediabetes-in-children/)
• Childhood Constipation and Cow’s Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/childhood-constipation-and-cows-milk/)
• Infectobesity: Adenovirus 36 and Childhood Obesity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Infectobesity-Adenovirus-36-and-Childhood-Obesity)
• Formula for Childhood Obesity (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Formula-for-Childhood-Obesity)
There are complications associated with gastric bypass in adults too. See my video The Dangers of Broccoli? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-dangers-of-broccoli/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/stomach-stapling-kids and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate