Treating Gout with Cherry Juice
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Cherry consumption has been shown to successfully prevent gout arthritis attacks, but what about cherry juice concentrate?
Here are the other videos I’ve done on the power of cherries to control inflammation:
• Anti-inflammatory Life is a Bowl of Cherries (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-life-is-a-bowl-of-cherries)
• Gout Treatment with a Cherry on Top (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/gout-treatment-with-a-cherry-on-top)
• Reducing Muscle Soreness With Berries (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-soreness-with-berries/)
Tart cherries (the kind people make pies out of, not the sweet kind) may also help with sleep (Tart Cherries for Insomnia http://nutritionfacts.org/video/tart-cherries-for-insomnia/).
What do you do with frozen cherries? I just eat them straight—suck on them like popsicles, but they’re also an integral part of my Healthy Chocolate Milkshakes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/healthy-chocolate-milkshakes/).
Another way to help treat gout is to drink lots of water and keep one’s urine alkaline by eating lots of dark green leafy vegetables (see Testing Your Diet with Pee & Purple Cabbage http://nutritionfacts.org/video/testing-your-diet-with-pee-purple-cabbage/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-gout-with-cherry-juice/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate