Treating Ulcerative Colitis with Diet
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: If the avoidance of sulfur-rich proteins and food additives can help prevent inflammatory bowel disease, might similar dietary changes help prevent relapses of ulcerative colitis?
I’ve previously covered UC in Preventing Ulcerative Colitis with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-ulcerative-colitis-with-diet/) and Bowel Wars: Hydrogen Sulfide vs. Butyrate (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bowel-wars-hydrogen-sulfide-vs-butyrate/). More on this epid fermentation battle in our gut in Stool pH and Colon Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/stool-ph-and-colon-cancer/).
More on inflammatory bowel in:
• Titanium Dioxide & Inflammatory Bowel Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/titanium-dioxide-inflammatory-bowel-disease/)
• Preventing Crohn’s Disease With Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-crohns-disease-with-diet/)
• Dietary Treatment of Crohn’s Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/achieving-remission-of-crohns-disease/)
Is the concept of sulfur-rich proteins new to you? Check out Starving Cancer with Methionine Restriction (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/starving-cancer-with-methionine-restriction/) and Methionine Restriction as a Life Extension Strategy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/methionine-restriction-as-a-life-extension-strategy/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-ulcerative-colitis-with-diet and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate