Walnuts and Artery Function
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Not eating walnuts may double our risk of dying from heart disease (compared to at least one serving a week), perhaps because nuts appear to improve endothelial function, allowing our arteries to better relax normally.
This helps explain why Nuts May Help Prevent Death (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-may-help-prevent-death)
What else can nuts do? See, for example:
• Fighting Inflammation in a Nut Shell (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fighting-inflammation-in-a-nut-shell/)
• Tree Nuts or Peanuts for Breast Cancer Prevention? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/tree-nuts-or-peanuts-for-breast-cancer-prevention/)
• Pistachio Nuts for Erectile Dysfunction (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pistachio-nuts-for-erectile-dysfunction/)
• Nuts and Bolts of Cholesterol Lowering (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-and-bolts-of-cholesterol-lowering/)
Don’t nuts make us fat, though? You may be surprised—see Nuts and Obesity: The Weight of Evidence (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nuts-and-obesity-the-weight-of-evidence/).
Which type of walnut is better? Black Versus English Walnuts (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/black-versus-english-walnuts/)
What about the phytates in nuts–do we need to soak or toast them? See:
• Phytates for the Prevention of Osteoporosis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-the-prevention-of-osteoporosis/)
• Phytates for the Prevention of Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-the-prevention-of-cancer/)
• Phytates for Rehabilitating Cancer Cells (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-rehabilitating-cancer-cells/)
• Phytates for the Treatment of Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/phytates-for-the-treatment-of-cancer/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate