Watermelon for Sore Muscle Relief
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Watermelon found to reduce muscle soreness after an intense workout without the gut leakiness that occurs within hours of taking anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen.
Here’s a link to the previous video I mentioned: Reducing Muscle Soreness with Berries (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-soreness-with-berries/).
More on dietary tweaks to maximize athletic performance in:
• Doping with Beet Juice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/doping-with-beet-juice/)
• Enhanced Athletic Recovery Without Undermining Adaptation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/enhanced-athletic-recovery-without-undermining-adaptation/)
• Preventing Exercise Induced Oxidative Stress with Watercress (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-exercise-induced-oxidative-stress-with-watercress/)
• Reducing Muscle Fatigue with Citrus (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-fatigue-with-citrus/)
I also talked about the risks of ibuprofen two videos ago in Anti-inflammatory Life is a Bowl of Cherries (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-life-is-a-bowl-of-cherries).
My last watermelon video dealt with another kind of physical activity:
Watermelon as Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/watermelon-as-treatment-for-erectile-dysfunction/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/watermelon-for-sore-muscle-relief/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate