Which Vegetable Binds Bile Best?
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Which foods are best at removing carcinogenic bile acids from the body: asparagus, beets, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, collards, eggplant, green beans, kale, mustard greens, okra, or peppers? And do they work better raw or cooked?
Why would we want to bind bile in the first place? Make sure you see the “prequel” to this video, Breast Cancer and Constipation (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-and-constipation).
More raw versus cooked comparisons in
• Best Cooking Method (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-cooking-method/)
• Raw Food Nutrient Absorption (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/raw-food-nutrient-absorption-3/)
• Sometimes the Enzyme Myth is True (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sometimes-the-enzyme-myth-is-true/)
• The Best Way to Cook Sweet Potatoes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-way-to-cook-sweet-potatoes/)
Beets also have a number of other remarkable properties. Check out my video series on Doping with Beet Juice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/doping-with-beet-juice/), including Hearts Shouldn’t Skip a Beet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/hearts-shouldnt-skip-a-beet/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-vegetable-binds-bile-best/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate