Does Cholesterol Size Matter?
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: How do American Egg Board arguments hold up to scientific scrutiny, such as the concept that large fluffy LDL cholesterol is protective compared to small, dense LDL.
This is why a site like NutritionFacts.org can be so useful, because even when a paper is published in the peer-reviewed medical literature, it can misrepresent the science. But who has time to check the primary sources? I do! If you’d like to support this work, please consider making a tax-deductible donation (https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/).
Here are some other videos in which I contrast the available science with what the egg industry asserts:
• Egg Industry Blind Spot (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-industry-blind-spot/)
• Eggs and Cholesterol: Patently False and Misleading Claims (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-cholesterol-patently-false-and-misleading-claims/)
• Eggs vs. Cigarettes in Atherosclerosis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-vs-cigarettes-in-atherosclerosis/)
• Who Says Eggs Aren’t Healthy or Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/)
• Debunking Egg Industry Myths (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/debunking-egg-industry-myths/)
• Eggs and Arterial Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/)
• How the Egg Board Designs Misleading Studies (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-egg-board-designs-misleading-studies)
Only the meat industry may be as bold:
BOLD Indeed: Beef Lowers Cholesterol? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bold-indeed-beef-lowers-cholesterol/)
For more on the role of cholesterol, see:
• Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment)
• Barriers to Heart Disease Prevention (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/barriers-to-heart-disease-prevention)
• Trans Fat, Saturated Fat, and Cholesterol: Tolerable Upper Intake of Zero (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/trans-fat-saturated-fat-and-cholesterol-tolerable-upper-intake-of-zero/)
• Heart Disease Starts in Childhood (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heart-disease-starts-in-childhood/)
• When Low Risk Means High Risk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-low-risk-means-high-risk)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate