Evidence-Based Medicine or Evidence-Biased?
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Evidence-based medicine may ironically bias medical professionals against the power of dietary intervention.
This is one of my favorite videos of the year so far. If you’re not familiar with Dr. Esselstyn’s work I touch on it in:
• Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment/)
• Cavities and Coronaries: Our Choice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cavities-and-coronaries-our-choice/)
• One in a Thousand: Ending the Heart Disease Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/one-in-a-thousand-ending-the-heart-disease-epidemic/)
Sadly, medical students learn little about these powerful tools:
• Doctors Know Less Than They Think About Nutrition (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/doctors-know-less-than-they-think-about-nutrition/)
• Medical School Nutrition Training (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/medical-school-nutrition-education/)
If you haven’t heard of Pritikin, I introduce him here: Engineering a Cure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/engineering-a-cure/)
An intro to Dr. Ornish: Convergence of Evidence (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/convergence-of-evidence/)
Dr. Burkitt: Dr. Burkitt’s F-Word Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-burkitts-f-word-diet/)
The Cornell-Oxford-China Study: China Study on Sudden Cardiac Death (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/china-study-on-sudden-cardiac-death/)
And more on Dr. Walter Kempner’s work at Duke coming soon!
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/evidence-based-medicine-or-evidence-biased/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate