If Fructose is Bad, What About Fruit?
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Does the fructose naturally found in fruit and fruit juice have the same adverse effects as excess “industrial fructose” (table sugar and high fructose corn syrup) and if not, why not?
Alcohol without the buzz? That was in reference to my video How Much Added Sugar Is Too Much?(http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-sugar-is-too-much)—make sure to check it out for background. I have lots more fructose videos on the way.
Before, I would have these long series on single topics, like a dozen videos in a row on vitamin D or something. The advantage of that is you aren’t left hanging; the downside is that for those uninterested in the topic there can be no new videos of interest for weeks. So I’ve tried breaking topics up. So every few weeks there’s a new turmeric or diabetes video instead of grouping them altogether. Let me know what you think…
Surprised about the juice results? Me too! More on juice:
• Best Fruit Juice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-fruit-juice/)
• The Fruit Whose Juice Is Healthier (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-fruit-whose-juice-is-healthier/)
• Juicing Removes More Than Just Fiber (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/juicing-removes-more-than-just-fiber/)
A few videos I have on industrial sugars:
• Mercury in Corn Syrup? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/mercury-in-corn-syrup/)
• Changing out Taste Buds (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/changing-our-taste-buds/)
• Are Sugary Foods Addictive? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-sugary-foods-addictive/)
How else can we blunt the glycemic spike?
• Beans and the Second Meal Effect (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/beans-and-the-second-meal-effect/)
• The Best Way to Cook Sweet Potatoes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-way-to-cook-sweet-potatoes/)
• Diabetics Should Take Their Pulses (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetics-should-take-their-pulses/)
• Preventing Prediabetes By Eating More (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-prediabetes-by-eating-more/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate