Heart of Gold: Turmeric vs. Exercise
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Diet and exercise synergize to improve endothelial function, the ability of our arteries to relax normally.
This is a follow-up video to Turmeric Curcumin vs. Exercise for Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Turmeric-Curcumin-vs-Exercise-for-Artery-Function).
Endothelial dysfunction is at the heart (pun intended 🙂 of many of our deadliest diseases. Pledge (http://plantricianproject.org/SaveEC) to save your endothelial cells and check out some of these other videos about the effects of food on our endothelial function:
• Coffee and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffee-and-artery-function/)
• Walnuts and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function/)
• Dark Chocolate and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dark-chocolate-and-artery-function/)
• Eggs and Arterial Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/)
• The Power of NO (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-power-of-no/)
• How Does Meat Cause Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/2012/09/20/why-meat-causes-inflammation/)
For more on the concept of nutrient synergy, see Garden Variety Anti-Inflammation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/garden-variety-anti-inflammation/) and Cranberries versus Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cranberries-versus-cancer/).
Regardless what you do or don’t eat, exercise is critical:
Standing Up for Your Health (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/standing-up-for-your-health/)
• How Much Exercise to Sustain Weight Loss (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-exercise-to-sustain-weight-loss/)
• Longer Life Within Walking Distance (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/longer-life-within-walking-distance/)
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression)
I must have dozens of turmeric videos by now, but here’s a few to get you started:
• Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-osteoarthritis/)
• Who Shouldn’t Consume Curcumin or Turmeric? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-shouldnt-consume-curcumin-or-turmeric/)
• Turmeric Curcumin and Colon Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-colon-cancer/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heart-of-gold-turmeric-vs-exercise and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate