How to Reduce Carcinogenic Bile Acid Production
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The consumption of animal fat appears to increase the growth of gut bacteria that turn our bile acids into carcinogens.
For the role of the animal protein, please see my previous video: Putrefying Protein and “Toxifying” Enzymes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/putrefying-protein-and-toxifying-enzymes).
Those secondary bile acids are what I talk about in my video on Breast Cancer and Constipation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-and-constipation/). This could help explain why fiber may be so protective (Fiber vs. Breast Cancer http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fiber-vs-breast-cancer/).
I’ve got lots more videos on the microbiome coming up. Here are a few to keep you company:
• Stool pH and Colon Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/stool-ph-and-colon-cancer/)
• Preventing Ulcerative Colitis with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-ulcerative-colitis-with-diet/)
• Why Do Plant-Based Diets Help Rheumatoid Arthritis? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-plant-based-diets-help-rheumatoid-arthritis/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-reduce-carcinogenic-bile-acid-production and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate