Fish and Diabetes
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The relationship between fish consumption and diabetes risk may be due to toxic pollutants that build up in the aquatic food chain.
This is the first of a 3-part video series on the role industrial pollutants may play in our diabetes epidemic. Stay tuned for Diabetes and Dioxins (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetes-and-dioxins) and Pollutants in Salmon and Our Own Fat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pollutants-in-salmon-and-our-own-fat).
More on the changing views surrounding fish oil supplements in Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fish-oil-just-snake-oil)
Other foods associated with diabetes risk include processed meat and eggs. See Bacon, Eggs, and Gestational Diabetes During Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bacon-eggs-and-gestational-diabetes-during-pregnancy-2/) and Eggs and Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-diabetes/), while Indian gooseberries and flaxseeds may help (Amla Versus Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-versus-diabetes/ and Flaxseed vs. Diabetes, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-diabetes/).
Other videos on how polluted our oceans now are include:
• Fukushima and Radioactivity in Seafood (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fukushima-and-radioactivity-in-seafood/)
• Food Sources of Flame Retardant Chemicals (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-sources-of-flame-retardant-chemicals/)
• DDT in Umbilical Cord Blood (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/ddt-in-umbilical-cord-blood/)
Food Sources of Perfluorochemicals (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-sources-of-perfluorochemicals/)
• Fish Intake Associated with Brain Shrinkage (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-consumption-associated-with-brain-shrinkage/)
• How Long to Detox from Fish Before Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-long-to-detox-from-fish-before-pregnancy/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fish-and-diabetes/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate