Olive Oil and Artery Function
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Does extra virgin olive oil have the same adverse effect on arterial function as refined oils and animal fats?
Fatty Meals May Impair Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fatty-meals-may-impair-artery-function) so much that a single high-fat meal can trigger angina chest pain. But whole food sources of fat such as nuts appear to be the exception. See Extra Virgin Olive Oil vs. Nuts (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/extra-virgin-olive-oil-vs-nuts/) and Walnuts and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function/).
Using the same test find out what other foods can do:
• Eggs and Arterial Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/)
• Dark Chocolate and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dark-chocolate-and-artery-function/)
• Coffee and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffee-and-artery-function/)
If olive oil can impair our arterial function, Why Was Heart Disease Rare in the Mediterranean? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-was-heart-disease-rare-in-the-mediterranean/) I’ve got a whole series (http://nutritionfacts.org/?s=Mediterranean) of videos on the Mediterranean diet.
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/olive-oil-and-artery-function and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate