Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease with Diet
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: The role of the Mediterranean diet in preventing and treating dementia.
What seven risk factors? That was covered in more detail in my previous video: Preventing Alzheimer’s with Lifestyle Changes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-alzheimers-with-lifestyle-changes).
There’s been an explosion of research on the Mediterranean diet recently, with about 500 papers published in the last year alone. I’m going to be doing an in-depth series taking a deep dive. To date I’ve only done a few that dance around the periphery:
• Dietary Guidelines: It’s All Greek to the USDA (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-guidelines-its-all-greek-to-the-usda/)
• 50 Shades of Green (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/50-shades-of-greens/)
• Methionine Restriction as a Life Extension Strategy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/methionine-restriction-as-a-life-extension-strategy/)
• Increased Lifespan from Beans (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/increased-lifespan-from-beans/)
• Fibromyalgia vs. Mostly Raw & Mostly Vegetarian Diets (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fibromyalgia-vs-mostly-raw-mostly-vegetarian-diets/)
I do have a bunch on dietary factors in cognitive decline, though:
• Constructing a Cognitive Portfolio (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/constructing-a-cognitive-portfolio/)
• Reversing Cognitive Decline (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-cognitive-decline/)
• Improving Memory Through Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/improving-memory-through-diet/)
• Dietary Theory of Alzheimer’s (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-theory-of-alzheimers/)
• How to Slow Brain Aging by Two Years (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-slow-brain-aging-by-two-years/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-alzheimers-disease-with-diet/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate