The Saturated Fat Studies: Buttering Up the Public
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Dairy industry campaign to “neutralize the negative image of milkfat among regulators and health professionals as related to heart disease” seeks to undermine latest guidelines from the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology.
So how did they do it? Sorry for the cliffhanger, but then the next video,
The Saturated Fat Studies: Set Up to Fail (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-saturated-fat-studies-set-up-to-fail/), would have gone from too long to way too long.
For those unfamiliar with Trans Fat in Meat and Dairy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/trans-fat-in-meat-and-dairy/) (and refined vegetable oils), that’s why I made a video about it.
The U.S. National Academy of Sciences Institute of Medicine “as low as possible” position, echoed by the European Food Safety Authority, is described in my video: Trans Fat, Saturated Fat, and Cholesterol: Tolerable Upper Intake of Zero (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/trans-fat-saturated-fat-and-cholesterol-tolerable-upper-intake-of-zero/).
What happened when a country tried to put the lower saturated fat guidance into practice? See the remarkable results in Dietary Guidelines: From Dairies to Berries (nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-guidelines-from-dairies-to-berries).
Don’t think the dietary guidelines process could be undermined by underhanded corporate tactics? Sad but true:
• Dietary Guidelines: Just Say No (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-guidelines-just-say-no/)
• Dietary Guidelines: The First 25 Years (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-guidelines-the-first-25-years/)
• Dietary Guidelines: Science versus Corporate Interest (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-guidelines-science-versus-corporate-interests/)
• Dietary Guidelines: Advisory Committee Conflicts of Interest (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-guidelines-advisory-committee-conflicts-of-interest/)
• The McGovern Report (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-mcgovern-report/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-saturated-fat-studies-buttering-up-the-public/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate