Caution: Anti-inflammatory Foods in the Third Trimester
Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: For the same reason that anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen are advised against during late pregnancy, anti-inflammatory foods may increase the risk of premature closure of the ductus arteriosus.
The video in which I profile those two case reports is here: Chamomile Tea May Not Be Safe During Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chamomile-tea-may-not-be-safe-during-pregnancy/). As I note in Anti-Inflammatory Antioxidants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-antioxidants/) general high antioxidant foods, are high anti-inflammatory foods.
For comparisons between the strength of anti-inflammatory foods and drugs, see:
• Watermelon for Sore Muscle Relief (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/watermelon-for-sore-muscle-relief/)
• Anti-inflammatory Life is a Bowl of Cherries (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-life-is-a-bowl-of-cherries/)
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/)
More on healthy (and unhealthy) diets around pregnancy:
• The Wrong Way to Detox (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-wrong-way-to-detox/)
• Preventing Childhood Allergies (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-childhood-allergies/)
• Meat Fumes: Dietary Secondhand Smoke (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/meat-fumes-dietary-secondhand-smoke/)
• Hair Testing for Mercury Before Considering Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/hair-testing-for-mercury-before-considering-pregnancy/)
• How Long to Detox From Fish Before Pregnancy? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/how-long-to-detox-from-fish-before-pregnancy/)
• Bacon, Eggs, and Gestational Diabetes During Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bacon-eggs-and-gestational-diabetes-during-pregnancy-2/)
• Garlic and Raisins to Prevent Premature Birth (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Garlic-and-Raisins-to-Prevent-Premature-Birth)
• Diet Soda and Preterm Birth (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet-soda-and-preterm-birth/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/caution-anti-inflammatory-foods-in-the-third-trimester and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate